Dreaded click of Death?

Greeting Alfisti,

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry regards the "Dreaded Click of
Death". Thought that you would all like to hear of the conclusion to this
personal saga of fear and aprehension.  Since the 164 in question is my
wife's car, I rarely get to drive this most amazing of all sedans. Anyway,
turns out that my wife likes to leave ejected tapes in the tape player.
Ejected, but still in the slot.  If one leaves the tape in the slot,  the
tape deck motor starts to look for a tape to play and makes a low rhythmic
clicking noise!

Seems as though I have dodged the bullet for know.  Thanks to all for your
kind responses to my original post on the subject.

Ciao,

Rex

End of alfa-digest V7 #477