Getting into the steering column ('89 Spider)

I know this is gonna make me look dumb, but I need to get the plastic
(case? bezel?) from off my '89 Spider's steering column so that I can find
out why my tail lights don't go on when I turn the Headlamp stalk all the
way forward. The instrument panel lights don't come on either. But they
*do* come on if I only turn the stalk one position and flip it down for the
brights.

I got two screws out from the underside close to the wheel, but something
seems to be holding the assembly from the back, and I'm scared to start
prying away for fear of breaking the pieces. It actually seems like there's
*nothing* holding them together, but like I said, I'm scared.

Do I have to remove something else first? Or just try a little harder?

Thanks,

- -- Ron King