Idler arm box rebuilding?

Could someone please suggest how to go about rebuilding the idler arm
box for 105 series Alfas?  I have a far too brief description in an
Autobook Manual and have purchased new bushings and pivot bolt.  After
reaming the bushings is the pivot bolt simply press fitted into the
idler arm or does it also have to be welded?  Has anyone done this
rebuild before?  I have never seen any discussion of this proceedure
which I suspect could probably help alot of older alfas.  Any
James Coulombe
69 1750 Spider