re: Dreaded click of death?

Rex, There is a write-up of this in the Alfa tech notes.  My car has a
similar problem, except the clicking is present only with the climate
control in off the off position.  I can can use the controls to direct
air properly to any setting, except that in sub-freezing temps here in
the Hudson Valley, I have NO HEAT!!!  I plan to bring the car to one of
the authorized Alfa shops to get it looked at because I know the stepper
motor is shot anyway and it is not an easy DIY fix.

Carl P.
1991 164B