Dreaded click of death?

Greetings Alfisti,

I was starting my wife's pristine 164 this morning and as I was letting it
warm up, I heard an odd, faint, slow (like the speed of your heart beating),
click coming from the ventilation system.  The system works fine but this
click is always present, system on auto, on econ, or off. I've heard other
164s with a loud rapid clicking that turned out to be a stepper motor's
ominous "click of death".  Is this as stepper motor signaling it's impending
demise or am I being paranoid?  Any sugestions?  Is there a web page that
provides instruction in replacement, diagnosis, et al?  Any help, or
condolence would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rex