164 Air con

I decided to look over my air con and found some intersting things! The
flap that controls fresh and recirculated air was jammed against the air
filter as I had replaced the foam with a slightly thicker piece from
clark rubber, something to watch out for!
When doing all this I discovered that the flap was working in reverse
direction! ie it was all the way down letting in outside air when the
recirculation button was pressed. I simply reversed the connections and
the system works brilliantly! I can only assume that the connections were
reversed when the stepper motors were replaced a couple of years ago.
It's amazing how many things I have had to correct on this car after
being worked on by "qualified alfa mechanics" under warranty. I can only
assume there is an apprentice there who'd rather be working on Fords!

Anthony Toy
1750 GTV
Sydney, Australia