Need Auto in Houston

Attention all people within 50-75 miles of Houston who are selling or
thinking of selling a car:

My Spider is down and out. I am looking for some kind of automobile to
serve as a (more or less) reliable, air conditioned, leak-proof, clean
daily driver. I would be interested in anything that is for sale in the
$1K-$5K range, and I would prefer a car that is not of Japanese origin.
If you are selling or know of someone selling a car in my area, please
reply to me off-Digest.

Thank you,

Gregory Scott

'He was agin the rich, he was agin the poor'   =97Mark E. Smith