164 US / Euro suspension (was Cx)

VLADDS@domain.elided wrote:
> I think that the US 164 is higher than the EU one...

If you give me a measurement to check, I'll let you know the UK
equivalent; although the UK/US models don't match up well.

> There is this opinion in EU when they decide to export a car here
> that roads are worse...

Worse? How could they be any worse?

> ...and comfort is more important...

More likely...

But I think the real reason is that US roads are perceived here to be
long, straight and dull, whereas here, if you find a piece of road
more than a mile long without a bend, you can guarantee that the
Romans built it...

Therefore, US cars don't need to be able to go round corners
(in theory). Hence softer suspension.

Jon Herbert
'90 164 3.0 V6
Ludgershall, Wilts, UK