Re:late 164 external temp read out

Andy wrote:

'The center panel external temp reading (for outside air temp) on my 94 Q
is now stuck at 69 (truly).  The LCD panel otherwise is working fine. I
replaced it under warranty about 2 years ago so I don't think that's the
problem. I understand that the temperature sensor is under the outside
driver's mirror.  Any one have this problem and, more to the point, how
to fix?'

When I first got mine it consistantly read 20 or 30 deg C high. Running the
diagnostic check showed no faults. Having failed to find the connectors for
the sensor ( which is, as you say in the underside of drivers door mirror ),
I dismantled the door, cut the cables and measured the sensor. It was in
spec. and, when reconnected, read accurately - until last week when it
started to do the same thing again! I conclude that I disturbed the
connections which provided a temporary fix.

I guess I now must find them to provide a permanent fix and suspect they're
under the footwell carpet.

Cheers

Graham
164LS