RE:164 air-con

I have noticed that the 164 air con is much less effecient in traffic. On
a hot Sydney day it has to do a lot of work to keep the car cool as the
black interior soaks up the sun. At speed it runs much more effeciently
and can get too cold! One problem could be that the door sealing out the
hot air isn't working properly, ie the stepper motor. I have heard that
the heater is on all the time and is cloased off by this door. I have
noticed my 164 blows hot air straight after start up, when warm, until
this door closes. I also seem to get a lot of heat through the floor and
firewall after city driving. Is this normal for a 164?

Anthony Toy
1750 GTV