1971 GT Jr Headlights

I recently purchased a Euro-spec 1971 GT Jr. and I have a question about the headlights.  I want to
upgrade them to european style halogen H4's, but when I took the stock ones out, I discovered that
the mounting/adjustment tabs are actually part of the stock headlights.  Does anyone know of a way
to work around this?

I've thought of perhaps trying to either find or create a retainer ring to fit around the newer style
headlights that will have tabs on them, but I'm not certain if such an item exists, and I'm not too keen
on trying to fabricate them myself.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert