GTV top end, the Fiat relative, the Spider guy...

>> BTW, my `83 GTV6 has indicated reaching 138 mph (the lit
indicates 132
mph). (Pulled from some thread or other)

Sounds really good...if you're in the US you must know this
due to radar (hopefully not police radar!) My 83 has one of
those great 85 MPH max speedos of the late 70's and early
80's. IF yours up to 140, where did you get it? I want one!

On the Fiat eating fuel...

Let me preface this by saying the only throttle body
injection i've ever had was on a Nissan Pathfinder. But
consumption like that could relate to a failed or leaking
cold-start device. A low-reading or non-reading O2 sensor
would make it run rich, as well. Both would be likely
culprits...do you notice any black deposits on the Fiat's
rear?

On the interested party...

'bullet proof mechanicals'?!? Checkbook mechanics would be
encouraged to purchase a Miata...reliable, long-lasting, and
no soul. Limited aggravation as well.

That's my 2 cents for the week...

- - Eric H., Clearwater, FL
1983 GTV6 who is positively preening at her good performance
at the Smog Station
1988 Volvo 740 who wishes he had nice v6, too