Alfa Dream

Greeting Digesti!

The cold, snow-covered roads are getting the better of me today. My poor Alfa
in storage until the warm weather comes and the salt is washed off the roads.

So I took a vacation in my mind and wrote this short verse. Just thought I'd
share it.

If you don't like poetry, just consider it a break from the cup-holder thread.

Cheers,

Jon Finkelstein
Toronto, Ont.
84 Spider Veloce

ALFA Dream

Take a ride above the earth
in a dream of aluminum and rubber.
Sidewalk strangers peer above
at a gleaming time machine.

The records have been set decades earlier
by men of a distance race.
But the soul remains encased in metal;
of victory;
of triumph;
defining limits of time and space.

Elements of design
live on in us
as we continue their legend in our own way.
With grease and with wax.
By the turn of a wrench, the twist of a bolt.

And while we may not race in the Pyrenees,
Our Mille Miglia? for groceries and back;
Triumph awaits us at every turn
of a bold Mahogany wheel.