Arghh, mice! Wiring harness question.

Alfisti,

as my GTV6 project progresses, I have almost completely stripped the bodyshell
in preparation for painting.  In doing so, I have discovered much evidence of
infestation by mice (the car sat in a farmyard for some time before I acquired
it).  Up until now, I had found no more serious damage than nibbled
soundproofing and chewed factory stickers, but now I have reached the wiring
loom removal stage.  Seems the pesky rodents took a liking to the insulation on
my wiper motor loom, and all that remains is a few inches of twisted, corroded
copper strands on several wires.  Amazingly, the wipers did still work before I
began dissassembly.  Also, there is evidence of at least one insulation-melting
episode in the instrument panel harness (seems minor).

So what are my options here?  I could of course cut and splice in replacement
wiring in the damaged section.  Or, since the nibbled wires are at the end of a
harness, I could move the connector block back a few inches and extend the
wiring from the motor to reach it.  If, however, I wanted to replace this
harness (or the melted section elsewhere), does anybody still supply
replacement harnesses for the GTV6, and if so will I need a second mortgage to
pay for it?  Since the wiring is being removed for painting, now would be the
time to do it.  OTOH, if I am too anal in my quest for perfection, I may never
finish this car, never mind have any cash left for my next Alfa restoration :).

All advice appreciated.  Thanks,

Dave J.
Island Lake, IL
1982 GTV6 (rodents now evicted)