re: Closed-loop SPICA?

In AD v7n460, Mike wrote:

<snip>
>>I suppose you could cut away the logic section of the SPICA pump and graft
on a >>computer controlled linear actuator to control the pump rack. Add temp,
baro, >>throttle position, rpm and lambda sensors and you'd be pretty much
there!

It's been done. They call it electronic fuel injection. The electrons do the
adjusting much faster than the cogs and wheels and cams do. Electrons have
lower mass, faster directional change, therefore quicker response.
[Professional scientist stuff, don't try this physics lesson at home! :-) ]

SPICA is beautiful, was great, far ahead of its time, and should be fondly
remembered as the functional beauty from the past that it is. And kept there.
Wes does magic with them but they're dinos, just like carburetors.

If you're not careful you'll get the "Real Alfa" thread going again ...

But you didn't hear that start with me! :-)

ciao

Tom
'63 Spider (w/ museum piece Solex spitting gas into a manifold)
Seattle