replacing rear struts on 164

Hello,

        I have previously posted a question concerning struts.  However I
would like to ask a more technical question.  I was told that I may damage
a control arm when replacing the strut.  Is this true and how worried
should I be about it?  I want to do the job myself but am concerned about
getting stuck half way through or causing more damamge than I started with.

andy