Pinion seal

To the gentleman who asked if one could just remove the back section of the
driveshaft without disturbing the donut connection at the transmission, did
you get an answer?

I also have a pinion leak.  Alfa makes special tools to loosen/remove the
nut on the pinion so access to the seal is possible.  If you don't have
those tools, I don't think you could do it.  Look in the service manual and
you will see what I mean.  One tool holds the pinion in one place while the
other tool is a socket and removes the nut.

Any information would be helpful...

Thanks

Bob Rand
1987 Alfa Spider Quad.