RE: alfa-digest V7 #456

Hi,

Thanks everyone who let me know about the aerial being in the demister.
After I got the car back from its recent(ish) bodywork repairs the
demister wasn't working.  I found that the fuse had blown but on
replacement it just blew again.  I took it back to the bodyshop assuming
that they had managed to short the demister circuit when they put the
rear window back in.  They looked at it and claimed it was a faulty
relay, but strangely didn't try to charge me for the
diagnosis/replacement.  I don't have a very good relationship with this
bodyshop so I don't know whether I believe what they said or not, but
this is clearly related to the original problem.  Anyone know what does
the 'ECU' does and how much it might cost to replace should that be
necessary?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

- --