Retromobile

At 03:05 AM 2/8/99 -0500, Ralph Moorhouse wrote:

>From: Ralph Moorhouse <ralfalfa@domain.elided>
>Subject: Retro Mobile

>Does anyone have any infomation on the Paris Retromobile show that runs
>from 2/12 thru 2/21.  Hours.  Cost to get in. I hear this is a great show

Ralph:

I attended Retromobile in 1995, and thought it was pretty good.  Not
that I'm some jet-set auto enthusiast - through a series of coincidences,
I happened to to be in Paris on business, and have a day off in late
February.  Retromobile is pretty easy to do - I don't recall the exact
entry price, but would guess it was in the $10 to $20 range (I'm pretty
much of a tightwad, so I certainly would have blanched at Pebble Beach
scale admission prices).  The location was easily accessable by the
Metro.

The content of Retromobile is kind of eclectic.  It's a mix of a
concours and a swapmeet/autojumble.  The cars on display spanned a
wide range, from motorized buggies from the early 1900's to late-
model Ferraris.  It isn't a display of new cars, like the "Car
Shows" that make the circuit in major US cities.  The vendors at
Retromobile sell a lot of pins, models, and spares for French cars.
I don't remember a lot of Alfa content, but if you are restoring
a '62 Renault, here's your chance to pick up that radiator hose
you've always been after.

The hall wasn't all that big - after 2 to 3 hours you will have seen
everything twice - so don't plan on spending the entire day there.

Jay Mackro