Re: Anyone have some harnesses for sale ?

>Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:16:57 +1100
>From: "Simon Phillips" <simonp@domain.elided>
>Subject: Anyone have some harnesses for sale ?
>
>In the continuing saga of converting my LHD 74 Spider to RHD and having it
>certified I have come across another problem that I am hoping someone out
>there might be able to help me with. I bought some RJS Racing Harnesses for
>my car when I was on the US but have subsequently been told they are not
>compliant with the Australian standards. I am interested to know if anyone
>on the Digest (in Australia) has a pair of harnesses that they might be
>willing to part with that are compliant to any one of the following
>standards ECE774(R16-04- European) or AS2596 (Australian) or MVSS209 (US)

Try your local branch of Revolution Racegear. Ask for their RPM or the
Sabelt harnesses. These are the only two that can be legally fitted into an
Australian car as they have been passed by the Australian Standards. It's
always best to buy new belts, due to wear and tear, possible involvement in
an accident, and also UV exposure. Racing harnesses are not deisnged for
roadcars, and the fibres in the belts are more prone to being affected by UV
than normal car seatbelts. RPM Harnesses should only cost you about $130
each. A little more for the removable ones. Also note that in SOME
instances, a full harness can actually do you more harm than good.
- --
Nathan Wong             http://www.nectar.com.au/~alfacors
                      Super Touring - Club Cars - Alfa Romeo
AlfaCors@domain.elided       V8Supercars - Formula One - CART