Spider Ignition switch and SRS Warning Light

I bought this '91 Spider at West Suburban Motors last April because after=

reading about and looking for Alfa's for a year I saw exactly what I want=
ed on
their lot.  I didn't want to do body work of any heavy duty mechanicals s=
this electrical system has just been too charming for words.

My ignition switch was tired anyway--the key would fall out while driving=
=2E But
when I pulled the fuse panel down to trace wiring  the ignition wire shor=
ted
and burned out the switch.  Quite a side trip when the real culprit was t=
he
alternator....

I must have really gotten away with something because when I replaced my
ignition switch I was able to pull the lock mechanism free and out of the=

protective cylinder after removing a phillips screw and depressing a spri=
ng
detent.  Had to remove the terminal shell to pull the connectors out thro=
ugh
the little hole in the protective cylinder.  A new switch was about $70 f=
rom
West Suburban Motors.  The manual showed you having to remove a flush bol=
after pulling the entire steering column out of the car.  I didn't do
that--but I did have to remove the left side knee pad so that I could rem=
ove
the plasic steering housing.

Now I've got the alternator repaired and the ignition switch in, and I we=
nt
for a ride between snows.  The air bag light which hasn't done anyting fo=
quite a while suddenly came on during my 20 minute drive, but it will go =
off
when you turn off the headlights.  =

I can't find the test terminal for the air bag. Isn't it supposed to be u=
under the left end of the dash?

I'm sure I have a grounding error somewhere because you have to activate =
the
left turn signal to get the hazard lights to work on both sides.

This is a lot of fun now but If I don't have it all straightened out when=
 the
weather turns nice, I  going to be frustrated!

Dick Talcott
'91 Spider Veloce