GM and Alfa- Remember the Allante!

The LeMans was Korean, really. Designed by Opel, built by Daewoo.

>Haven't heard any rumors, but I can't see it making much sense- GM can
>barely move its own cars, and has failed at every attempt to market
>Italian/ European cars. Witness the Allante, Reatta, Pontiac LeMans,
>Opel and the latest debacle the Catera.

I don't know that I would call the Catera a debacle, nor would I necessarily
say that the Allante was a total failure. I have driven both cars and would
say that they are/were enjoyable cars (espcially the last Allante). The
Reatta (I'm a sucker for gadgets, tho, loved that touch screen) was
underpowered and the LeMans was total junk (but they sure did sell a LOT of
them!).

End of alfa-digest V7 #437