Re: Scaled drawings of 105 chassis

In AD7-435 Warren Reid asks "Does anybody have any 105/115 series scaled
drawings showing cut away sections, floor pans, suspensions assemblies etc,
that they can send me via e/mail? Berlina would be the more preferable in the
side on view, however GTV or Spider would be OK also. Drawings with
dimensional data would also be an advantage."

The Body Shop Manual #1570 published in 1970, covering Giulia and 1750 models,
has a lovely two-page fold-out (p.13-14) "diagram of dimensions of main unit
attachments" (plan and lengthwise section) intended for precise checking of
all critical chassis dimensions on a body allignment checking bench. There are
some forty or fifty dimensions in millimeters, some with tolerances (188.7 +/-
0.75mm), nine of them listed on a table according to which of six 105 variants
is involved. From the shape of the trunk floor and length of the package
shelf, plus a separate drawing of the transmission tunnel area of the 1750
saloon, it is clear that the basic drawings are of the coupe, but it should be
a superb base for interpolating highly usable drawings of any 105 platform.

There is much else of possible use for his purposes, including p.84 a full-
page straight-on photo of the underside of of a 1750 Saloon (to show where to
apply sound deadener) which might have some details he would not find on the
drawings.

The wheel alignment an suspensions manual of the same period includes some
drawings of front and rear suspensions which should be scalable and might be
useful.

Many such manuals are available (at a price, no doubt) from the automotive
literature vendors listed in Hemmings and/or other similar resources. USA AROC
members can get photocopies of entire publications or specified pages from the
club's technical librarian, and I assume other national Owners' Clubs have
similar arrangements. Otherwise I could snail-mail photocopies to Warren.

Cordially,

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.