GTV6 Heater Valves

hi ed, you said:
>The heater valve on my GTV6 was dead when I bought the car so I replaced
>it. Two years later the new one died and the price had gone up. Bad deal so
>I looked around to see if Fiat (sorry) or anyone else had a metal body one
>that would work. The Fiat ones didn't seem to bolt in so I dug through my
>stock of misc parts and came up with a cable controlled unit for a late
>('64 or so) Morris Minor!! I had to fabricate an adapter plate to bolt it
>onto the heater and of course it didn't have the temp sensing tube that
>fastens to the core but it did work and it didn't leak and for that matter
>still hasn't after six years or so.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
well, my brand spankin' gnu heater valve, clamped together & sealed w/plumber's
putty, started leaking an hour after its installation!  :<(   i've ordered a
mazda & a nissan heater valve - my local parts store (mchenry's in frederick,
md) has a book w/pictures of ALL the valves, and these look easiest to adapt.

no thanks to fiat/alfa, i emailed 'em almost two weeks ago for adwice, before i
even bought a gtwe6 walve, cuz all the wendors were telling me that the gnu
walves would leak, and alfa was telling them the walves were ok - i STILL have
not heard from alfa/fiat.  w/this attitude, it's amazing they're not outta
business EVERYWHERE, let alone yust n america...

audi's-n-bmw's are startin' to look good...

doug s.