GTV6 Heater Valves

The heater valve on my GTV6 was dead when I bought the car so I replaced
it. Two years later the new one died and the price had gone up. Bad deal so
I looked around to see if Fiat (sorry) or anyone else had a metal body one
that would work. The Fiat ones didn't seem to bolt in so I dug through my
stock of misc parts and came up with a cable controlled unit for a late
('64 or so) Morris Minor!! I had to fabricate an adapter plate to bolt it
onto the heater and of course it didn't have the temp sensing tube that
fastens to the core but it did work and it didn't leak and for that matter
still hasn't after six years or so.

Ed Solstad
'83 GTV6
'87 Milano