Re: Problems with Panasports on my 76 spider

You probably need to give a few more specifics before any educated
guesses would be worthwhile. Do you hear it when cornering, or going
straight? Do you only hear it with the wheel cranked all the way over?
Depending on the offset of the wheels, there are several places where
the tire might rub. A couple of places to check for signs of rubbing
are the inboard side of the rear wheel well, and the lip of the front
wheel well. In general, the 205/60/15 should fit, but you may have to
have exactly the right offset to avoid rubbing. If the offset is too
positive, perhaps a wheel spacer would help. OTOH, If the offset is too
negative, you may end up having to modify the wheel wells, or at least
the lip of the wheel well.

Abe Evreniadis wrote:

>I have a clearance problem with my 15 inch panasport rims on 205/60/15
>tires on my spider I seem to hear rubbing noises although when I look
>below I can't see how I might have clearance issues.  Does anyone know
>whether 205/60/15 on 15 inch panasports are fine or are they deemed too
>large?

End of alfa-digest V7 #425