-GTV6- Radiator removal

I have recently taken out the radiator in my GTV6 Balocco for a
back-flush, and I can't believe how easy it is to do. If your water
overheats when idleing in traffic, and your thermostat and fans work
properly, I recommend taking out the radiator and running some water 'in
reverse' of the normal direction within the cooling system.
The radiator is held in place by a single bolt clearly visible above the
top of the radiator itself, right in the middle. Remove the two large
hoses and the little one connecting to the expansion bottle first. Be
prepared for some water running off the lower hose when removed.
Disconnect the fan and thermostat wires, unscrew the bolt and just lift
the radiator up at a slight angle toward the windshiled. Hey, if *I* can
do it...
Flush the radiator a few times, blow off all the crud accumulated in
years of driving (use compressed air from the back of the radiator) and
then reinstall. I do not have A/C, but the A/C radiator is easily
accessible at this point, so whatever maintenance is required is easily
carried out at this stage.
Once all the hoses are reconnected, fill from the expansion bottle with
anti-freeze, water and some Redline water wetter (I like that stuff).
Follow the anti-freeze directions about the appropriate ratio to water.
After filling, slightly unscrew the top 13mm bolts right in front of the
top belt cover (sorry I can't describe it better, but it should be
clearly identified in the engine manual...) to let air out of the
system. Screw tight as soon as water starts coming out.
A really easy task, and no more overheating for me. Hope this helps
somebody on the list.

Carlo
1982 Balocco GTV6 (now steadly below 175F)