Timely Leathertique posting

I am of the opinion that leather treatment will work well only on
top-grain leather.  The leather used in '84 (and presumably thereafter)
GTV6 is split-grain, as I know the term -- top-grain leather is the
surface (hair) side -- a cow has thick hide, thus when the top layer is
sliced-off for top-grain leather, a thick layer remains.  This remainder
is given a painted surface, and sold as split-grain -- and that's what I
see in '84.  I <have> restored the leather in an '81.  <Not> the same type
stuff in '84.

r.m.bies