Re: Milano Rumble

Tony wrote:

>I' ve often noted a funny rumbling noise which affects my 2 transaxle
Alfas
>('88 Milano Verde and '83 GTV6).  When the car has been parked for a few
>minutes and I start it up again, I hear what can only be described as a
rumble
>for about 20 seconds that then fades away.  It sounds like its coming from
the
>rear.  It doesn't happen after being parked overnight.  Only when parked
for a
>few minutes.

Correct me if I'm wrong Tony, but it also happens more when it's hot out.
What you're hearing is a ton of vapor and bubbling fuel being returned to
the fuel tank from the injection system.  At idle, the majority of the fuel
sent to the engine by the fuel pump is returned to the tank by the pressure
regulator.  After the warm fuel in the lines is replaced by cool fuel from
the tank, the sound stops.

Rich
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco