Milano door lock problem

Howdy,

I've been experiencing an intermittent problem w/my driver side locking
mechanism.  It comes and goes and has now come again.  I often have to
force the key into the lock and in turn have to tug and yank on it to
get it out (luckily I don't have these problems in my private life :^).
When the key is finally in, the locking and unlocking action work fine.
I've finally taken to just locking and unlocking from the passenger side
which works like buttah.  Should I shoot in some lube?  What's so
strange is that this has happened b/f, but after a while clears itself
up.  Could all the rain here in lovely Seattle have caused the problem?
Thanks for all help!

Kit Redwine
Seattle, WA
88 Verde
(now commuting to work on an Italian bicycle)