stinking 168

> When I start the car after it's been sitting in the sun for a while I get a
> smell of petrol/gas coming from the AC vents, where is this likely to be
> coming from?
Check the rubber fuel lines on the top of the engine, as they "piss"
fuel under pressure as they age. With it running, press slightly on them
and see if fuel squirts. Replace them even if it doesn't :o)

 The clutch pedal was very hard when I first picked up the
> car,
> but now after some decent use seems to be getting better, should I remove
> the dampener?  That's all for now, I'll post some pic's soon to the 168 page.

Stiff clutch is a sign of it's demise, ususally. If your car has a
damper, (I thought this was a USA thing only?) remove it and toss it far
and hard. Just don't rev it up to red line and dump the clutch after and
you'll be fine. Check also for a hydraulic hose in poor shape. You don't
need a new hose to remove damper... just connect the damper end inot the
slave.

I'll hope to have your addition to the 168 page. :o)

Bill
'91 168B for bastardized
"we don't need no steenking dampers!" Ha ha ha  ha ha!
- --

			   B i l l   H a r k e l l
			      Tampa Florida USA
		       '91 Alfa 168B / '69 Alfa Spider