re paint blending

Sorry I didn't pay enough attention to the original post, but the reply in AD
414 brings up a situation I had many moons ago.  I had just had my Fiat
painted. (great shade of red, it was).  Within a week, no kidding, someone had
done in the right front fender and door.  Creased, dented, and gouged the
paint right to the metal.  Yes, I was pissed, as it was hit and run.  So, I
says to my self, I can go back to same guy who JUST painted my Italian jewel,
and he can use some more of the same paint, after he bangs out the dents.

NOT!  -  The dents came out fine, but the paint was a slightly different
shade.  Very close, but not quite, as if it was matched under artificial
lighting; but in sunight, it wasn't quite right, at least to me.  Yeah, I was
pissed, again, but whatcha gonna do?

Moral of the this story?  Painting, any time, any where, without doing the
whole thing can be fraught with peril.  Tread carefully.

One opinion, is all
Jay Negrin
ARO Southern California