RE: Milano Motor Swap ??'s

> 1) Can anyone tell me approximately how long it takes to swap motors. (
> Pulling 1 motor and replacing it with another.)

if you're buying a wreck you'll be pulling two motors and installing one.
the toughest part of the job is getting the brake master cylinder out of the
way.  other than that, a milano motor is a piece of cake.  remove the hood
and radiator, disconnect the drive shaft, motor mounts, loosen the brake
master (it doesn't have to come out, just clear the head), unplug the
wirring harness from the computer and remove it with the motor.  the whole
job takes 3-5 hours, give or take.

> 2) Do I need special stand to put the motor down on or can one be easily
> rigged.  (I am concerned about damaging the aluminum oil pan when
> setting it down)

nope.  it will sit on the pan just fine.

> 3) Is it much easier to swap steering racks with the motor out?

yup.  the steering rack is unobstructed with the motor out.

> 4) Will I need special tools to drop the transaxle from the donor car?

nope.

> 5) Can the entire rear end be dropped as unit?  (Transaxle, brakes, half
> shafts and De Dion tube )

yup.  it's actually easier to do it that way, unless you're on a lift.

> Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

unless you're absolutely certain of the history of the donor motor, i'd do
the tensioner, belts, rear seal, and maybe even the head gaskets with it out
of the car.  of course once you start pulling heads why not do guides, ...

have fun,

bs