Re: Coke ad and softdrink dilemmas

Lighten up, folks. If a boycott happened everytime there was a stupid
commercial on TV, the world economy would have disintegrated years ago.
You should have seen the row on the Italian cars Digest over the Chevy
truck ad featuring a Fiat Spider driver who has a hole cut in a sheet of
plywood so he can carry it on his Spider. The hole is for his head to
stick thru. Now THAT'S a dumb commercial! At least in the Coke ad, we
have one "slightly used" mistress trying to displace another. I thought
it was funny.

There are a couple of things I noticed about that commercial. We never
hear the Spider's engine. All we hear is the tires rolling to a stop.
The car is in such bad shape, my guess is that they took a car headed
for the crusher anyway. The ad is set in the middle of the desert. There
isn't really a cliff, the car just disappears. There's probably a small
gulley behind it. They probably just towed the car out and put it back
on the hauler headed to the crusher. IMO, the babe did him a favor. ;=)