Re:someone backed into my spider

Fred,
      Most likely they will just replace the damaged panel, and just paint
that area.They will match the newly applied paint as closely as possible to
the paint currently on the car, and spray it on.Then the entire car will be
buffed to match the paint between old and new paint.This is a process called
"paint blending",and each body shop varies depending on the skill of the paint
man who makes up the paint.I've seen some great panel painting jobs,and I've
seen some shops that look like they applied the paint with a blowtorch and
sandblaster.Find the best paint shop you can,paint blending is an art
Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold (alfie)
1984 GTV6 (Vito)