Save an Alfetta in Sydney

I was out at Ardita spares today picking up some parts to feed
my Alfetta.  Out the front was parked an Alfetta GTV (77 or 78
model, not entirely sure).  Nice shiny paint, quite a few large
rust blodges in odd spots though.  Weird part is, the red paint
look like it was the original.

There are some interesting original features on this car I'd
never seen before, for example there is a rubber strip running
along the bottom of the windscreen, on top of the shiny moulding
that keeps the windscreen rubber tensioned.  All the Alfetta GTV's
I've ever seen have just had a bunch of little holes here.  All
the under bonnet stickers and painting was present and correct,
other than the scabby paint it was in suprisingly unmolested
condition.  Nobody had ever attempted to give the window pillars
and trim the "blackout" treatment either, so it's profile is
correct.  It also has the original, unmolested split front
spoiler.

The car has an Australian A/C system fitted (dealer fit by
the looks of it, as old as the car).
Not a bad job either, nice looking brackets
and a good rotary compressor too, the centre console inside the
car is half-professional looking (although the outlet vents
are in an even more useless spot than the factory ones - even
lower!)

The interior was slightly tatty (faded carpet, tatty looking
blue velour seats) but complete and in the original colours.

In short, this car shows a lot of original features that tend
to go missing on GTV's.  The owner of Ardita assures me that it's
good mechanically (engine shows a few minor leaks and is dusty
from sitting around a little bit).  It isn't registered, you
would need to sand the rust off to get it registered.  None of it
looks structural (although the usual inside wing under the bonnet
needs attention before it gets into the suspension mount).

They want AUD$1450 for it.  A fair price.  It would be a shame to
have them decide to wreck it.  I don't have the space to park the
damn thing at the moment, if he still has it in 2 weeks I might
have to make space.

Somebody should save this car before we all forget what they actually
looked like.

dave.
(whose own Alfetta GTV is, in some ways, in worse condition :-)