FW: Forward to AD: 90 back on the road/parting out Alfetta

On Tony's behalf:

- -----Original Message-----
From: Tony Lupton [mailto:t.lupton@domain.elided]
Sent: Tuesday, 19 January 1999 15:17
To: jheidemann@domain.elided
Subject: Forward to AD: 90 back on the road/parting out Alfetta

Hi John,

Could you please do me a favour and forward this to the digest - I'm the
in the process of changing email addresses and in the interim can't post
to the digest. Thanks.

Hi all,

My 90 is back on the road with a newly-rebuilt top end, following a head
gasket failure before Christmas. In the process I've learnt about V6
engines, including a few dead ends, along the lines of the passenger
cigarette lighter doesn't need to be removed before pulling the timing
belt cover. (My apologies to whomever came up with the original for that
line, but I was doing it from memory.) I know we covered it in detail
recently, but I'd like to add the RHD spin to the story. When I've got
it written up, I'll post it here as well as on the 90 page.

The other reason for this message is that I've decided to part out the
Alfetta. We only really have room for two cars at our place, and having
been given a VW beetle and catamaran to look after in their owner's
absence, something has to give. Therefore, I'm parting out the cosmetic
and sedan-specific bits of the 79 Alfetta Sedan. I'm keeping the engine,
tranny, suspension, brakes, and steering (ie all the mechanical
components) as parts towards a future 116 project. I got this car for
practically nothing, so I'm not looking to cover costs - all reasonable
offers considered. The car is located in Brisbane, Australia.

Tony
12' Hobie
1967 VW Beetle
1979 Alfetta 2000
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
The Alfa 90 page http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7709

- --
Tony Lupton                          *     Astracon (Australia) Pty Ltd
Learning Products Team Leader     *    *   339 Coronation Drive
Email: t.lupton@domain.elided       *    PO Box 1643
Phone: +61 7 3259 2382                     Milton Qld 4064
Fax:   +61 7 3259 2259              *      Australia