Milano 7/8 Fuel Tank

Greetings Alfisti!  The subject of fixing the well documented problem of
the Milano fuel tank has been covered in the past, but I still need some
help.  Like many others out there, I can get the tank to fill only up to
the 7/8 level according to the fuel indicator.  Since I have the trunk
carpet out of the way (fixing a water leak), I was going to re-route the
breather hose and fix the 7/8 problem.  I was puzzled to find that the
hose is routed over the big filling hose, not under it.  According to
previous digest posts that I saved, this is the correct routing.  So why
am I still having this problem?  Can someone restate the proper routing
of the breather hose?

Thanks,
Octavian Popa - NWARC (Seattle, WA)