lead substitute for NZ Alfas

Sore Greetings Alfisti!
     Watching the New Zealanders dealing with the intro of unleaded gasolines
with interest.Thought I'd offer a bit of advice for those trying to run avgas
in their cars.
        When I was going through my pilot training back in the 1980-81
timeframe,a partner and I bought a Cessna 150 for cheap.We were both using
this for getting our licenses, and afterwards to impress every female we could
get our hands on.(Another story best left to the National enquirer.)
        Anyway, the available fuel on the field was 100 LL (low lead)avgas.The
old 0-200 in our plane was designed to run on a much higher lead content than
was available in this 100LL.Our old A&P mechanic suggested the use of a
mixture sold under the name "TCP".What this was, was a tetrahedryl lead
additive,and made our plane run very well while I was trying to pull the wings
off it.TCP is still available through Phillips 66 and BPfuel franchises at
airports,last time I checked.We used a mixture of approximately 3 ounces for
every 13 gallons.Perhaps using this might help those Alfas needing lead in
their fuel diet.
My 2 cents worth,
Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA