The Alfa Experience

JimboMGA wrote:
 =

> I have, over the course of the last two years of winter Alfa
> Driving learned a couple of tips for easin' the grief involved
> in laying under a frozen Alfa out on the frozen driveway,
> turning frozen wrenches While the wind whistles up your
> pants leg...

> Tip 2. Get yourself a 4x8 foot sheet of 2 inch thick rigid
> insulating styrofoam. Lay on this sheet of styrofoam any time
> you need to be under the car...

Good advice, I guess, but if you take it you miss out on much
of the more visceral part of the "Alfa Experience." :-) Earlier
this week I had to change the clutch slave cylinder on the Milano
during an ice storm. Ah, there's nothing like laying in the
slush under a car while ice-cold salt water drips into your ear...

BTW someone recently mentioned that Amazon.com has Pat Braden's
excellent book "Alfa Romeo Owner's Bible" available for $23.96.
Buy.com has the Braden book for $18.86 (to find it search using
the keyword "Alfa"). (List price is $29.95.) I doubt that Pat
gets more money if you buy the book from Amazon, so you may
want to consider getting it from Buy.com--Amazon.com's
stock price is high enough.

Rich
St Louis MO USA