Importing Euro cars to US

MMosko@domain.elided writes in alfa-digest V7 #395...

"The fact..... D.O.T. ( Dept. of Transportation) allows automobiles 25 years
or
older into the U.S.A. with no federalization requirements."

The D.O.T may let them in, but doesn't the EPA require cars that fall under
the Clean Air Acts (1968 and newer) to comply with the laws (i.e. have US
emission control devices)?  Seems like all of the stuff I've read is that if
you're bringing in a car that is 1967 or older, no problem, 1968 or newer
don't bother.  Of course my memory isn't what it used to be...

Cheers,
john
Seattle, WA