Alfetta heater valves

FWIW, I just had a brand new heater valve take a dump on me. To be more
specific it was for a '76 Alfetta GT with AC. It turned out to have an
unflanged (unswagged) flange. (If you have one you'll know what I'm
talking about) - the gold ring holding the two major parts together
simply wasn't happening, allowing vast quantities of coolant onto the
passenger floor.

The fix, should I not be the only one to have this happen to: Clamp off
the hose to the heater. Remove with deft fingers the heater valve. See
if your problem is the same - the two halves are separating. Wash valve
well with dish soap. Dry well. Separate, where possible, the two halves
and apply a liberal amount of J-B Weld (god, what a miracle cure),
squish together,  let dry overnight and reattach to VFAA (Very Fine Alfa
Automobile) - (with very deft fingers). FWIW, I applied JB all around
flange.

So far it appears to be as good as new (although it already was - new
that is).

Doubt if this is as hot a topic as SUV's and unleaded fuel (which is
pretty ho-hum, because we, CA ,went through this a thousand years ago).

Biba
Irwindale CA