Exhaust/Manifold wrap - Question

Haven't asked a question for long time...

I was at some performance shop and got myself some exhaust/manifold wrap
that claimed to shield the heat and reduce engine bay temeprature by 70%,
at same time improve HP.

My goal is to reduce engine bay temperature to increase ABS and other
essential component's life, adding HP would be nice but not of my
major concern.

Now the Q.

Any down side effect for wrapping the manifold?
I know that exhaust temperature will increase, I wonder if the increase
is significant to cause cat converter to over heat? Any other effect
to the engine?

Actually, when I picked up the box of wrap, I just wanted to wrap the
exaust near right rear brake caliper...

Thanks

Jess
88 Verde