Re SUVs

"Mike Albrecht" <mike.albrecht@domain.elided> wrote

> I bet an Alfa hit by a '69 Chrysler New Yorker would look the same as one
> hit by a SUV.

When my Spider was hit by a 73 Chrysler, they were debating calling a street
sweeper instead of a tow truck. I walked away. Lucky probably, it helps to
wear seat belts.

> What happened to all the Caprice Classic station wagons that were on the
road in the 70s and 80s?

Gasoline prices that are twice the real price of today. I can wait to watch
those with the suburbans, expeditions, and other behemoth pay $100 and up
for a tank of gasoline that barely gets the kids to school and soccer
practice. Does nobody remember the summer of 79, and the spring of 74.

Disclaimer

My driveway has a Voyager (a mini on growth hormones) which I love, and is
useful for a family, and a Grand Cherokee, a nice looking vehicle, but
useless for any family with more than one child. When the lease is up on the
Cherokee, I want something along the lines of the Renault Megane Scenic. Who
knows, maybe by then the USA will wake up and realize once the Asian flu is
over, gasoline may reach more reasonable levels.