more on SUVs

 First they came for the SUVs, and I didn't speak out because I didn't
 drive a SUV.  Then they came for the pickup trucks, and I didn't speak out
 because I didn't drive a pickup truck.  Then they came for the
 motorcycles, and I didn't speak out because I didn't drive a motorcycle.
 When they came for my Alfa, there was nobody left to speak for me(pardon
 the paraphrasing).

 I bet an Alfa hit by a '69 Chrysler New Yorker would look the same as one
 hit by a SUV.  The fact is that the American consumer likes big cars.  If
 you take away their option to buy/drive a big car, the unintended
 consequence is the emergence of the SUV.  What happened to all the Caprice
 Classic station wagons that were on the road in the 70s and 80s?  I don't
 remember the concern for the impact of those behemoths on cars in the
 past.....

 Mike Albrecht
 86 spider