VOLVO/ALFA MERGER

(Still sore)greetings Alfisti!
       Watching with delighted interest on this proposed Alfa/Volvo
merger.(been sitting on my seat today,stayed out of work.)Hope it truly
follows through,but I'm curious.How would Alfas be marketed within the dealer
orginisation?The new top of the line Volvo is upwards of $45,000 retail,the
Alfa 166 would be similarly priced with the costs of federalisation, OBD2
system, etc.Ditto for the Alfa 156;it would appear that the pricing of a US
spec 156 would cut into sales of Volvo's V70/V90 series, which I believe are
similarly priced.If Fiat were to import the Fiat Barchetta, I could understand
that move because it would offer a more sophisticated alternative to the Miata
riceburners.The other cars imported would just denude the effectiveness of
Volvo sales,wouldn't it?
        I'd love to replace my father in law's Escort (looks like it might be
totalled out)with a 156 wagon or one of the Fiat Mareas.........
Still bruised and hurting,
Terry and Sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold2,5 (Alfie)