Re: Wheel and metal Stripping

In a message dated 1/11/99 6:08:27 PM Central Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

> 	I'd like to strip the paint off some BWA mags but I don't want to
>  do it out in the cold.  Can I take them to a local paint stripping house
>  and have them dunk the things in their vat of EPA-banned chemicals or lye?
>  Any kind of stripping chemicals I should avoid?

I would recommend getting them bead blasted.  Similar to sand blasting, it
uses a plastic bead that will take off the paint safely and with no loss or
damage to the metal wheel.  Used safely on the soft aluminum skin of aircraft,
etc.  Check the yellow pages  The company here in Houston is called
"Softstrip" and they may be a franchise.

Jerry in Houston