Re: GTV6 pondering

At 05:53 PM 1/11/99 +1100, Nathan Wong wrote:
>"split" dash, so the instruments are all relatively in view. The styling
>hardly changed from year to year until the Grand Prix model came out in
1987(?)

At 11:23 PM 1/11/99 +1000, Robert Jones wrote:
>The price for a respectable model will depend on the year.Special
>editions like the Grand Prix fetch a premium.

I'm getting interested here. I'm the proud owner of a GTV6 Grand Prix from
Switzerland. I didn't realize that the Grand Prix was a factory special
edition, I thought the PO had the body kit fitted together with the rather
drastic lowering kit. Also, the swiss papers state april '87 as the date of
first registration, and I have always (since I bought the car early last
year) wondered what the actual date of built was, as all the dealers and
parts vendors have 10/86 as the ultimate build date. Unfortunately,
repeated attempts to get some info from the Centro Documentazione Storica
have failed. Even Fiat in the Netherlands haven't replied to my cry for
help (OK, so it's only been two weeks...). It's a conspiracy, I know it.
Anyway, now it seems that my car might be from '87 after all, and what's
more, my bargain buy (about the equivalent of USD2500 for a rust free,
no-oil-in-the-coolant graunch-free car) will fetch a premium. :-) Should I
decide to sell it, that is. Which, as everybody out there will understand,
is very unlikely.

Does anybody have any more information on the Grand Prix special edition
and when it was offered?

Best, Jaap Bouma (Netherlands)
'87 GTV6 2.5 Grand Prix