Re: GTV6 pondering

>Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:03:00 +1030
>From: Ben Dixon <Ben@domain.elided>
>Subject: GTV6 pondering
>
>can anyone give me some broad info about the GTV6, such as - should I get a
>2.5 or 3 litre, what years were nicest, how much should a decent one cost
>me, any things to look out for, etc.  Im in AUSTRALIA - so Im particularly
>interested in response from people here in Oz.

Ummmm, a 3L GTV6? Unless someone dropped a replacement engine in, you wont
find one (South African carby models aside).
Try and go for as late a model as possible. In 1985 they got rid of the
"split" dash, so the instruments are all relatively in view. The styling
hardly changed from year to year until the Grand Prix model came out in 1987(?)
Maybe check with your local arm of AROCA and see if anyones got one for sale?
I would rather buy a known car from within the club personally....

Where's Bill Magoffin? I'm sure he has a tale or two to tell about having a
GTV6?

- --
Nathan Wong             http://www.nectar.com.au/~alfacors
                      Super Touring - Club Cars - Alfa Romeo