Correction to my output estimations...

Sorry about repeating myself, but I did some checking with some people who
have been working here for long enough to remember running with carbs and
no cats....

A more accurate estimation for a good running engine, carb or SPICA, no
cats, would be around 2-5 g/mile HC's, with cats, perhaps 1g/mi now...
Thats still an order of magnitude more than the typical SUV you see on the
road, and many new ones meet the truck LEV standards of .1g/mi HC's.

Sorry for the bandwidth, but I am a big fan of tight emissions standards-
it helps keep me employed :) Actually, I do enjoy breathing clean air...

Later
Eric Storhok